Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

I had an endometrial ablation in 2008. I rarely had bleeding

Customer Question

I had an endometrial ablation in 2008. I rarely had bleeding afterwards and no bleeding in last 3 years. Yesterday, I started my period and it was bright red blood with clots. I will be 50 y/o in two weeks, so I was not expecting this. In addition, my
breast nipples were extremely sore 2 weeks prior to this "period" (something I've never experience before). They felt inflamed and the nipples were swollen as if I was nursing again. This went away after about 3 days. Today, I feel as if I'm having a period
with cramping and the blood has turned to brown with clots...should I be concerned?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS replied 1 year ago.
helloThis is very rare to have bleeding after ablation after 3 years at the age 50.I think you should be investigated for by a scan or TVS to see the thickness of endometrium.Please consult your doctor in this regard.The probable reasons in the case may be regeneration of endometriumThank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will make an appointment with my GYN. Would this be a indicator to cancer? My husband had a vasectomy 17 years ago so I'm not concerned about pregnancy. I just concerned because this has really shocked me.
No it is not possible to say anything at this moment .One DC biopsy is required before to come any diagnosis.