Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I started having bups last year june on my right pubis mons.

Customer Question

I started having bups last year june on my right pubis mons. not blisters. i tried squeezing them and nothing come out them and they would last up to 5 months. only get smaller in size and reappear again same spot. since last year june i have had about 6 bumps. 3 have resolved. but this time there is a bump is at the rim of my labia majora and im freaking out if it's herpes.

Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer,

What is the size of the swelling and how many do you have? Is it solid or cystic? Are they painful? What is your age?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi, I'm 28yrs old. The bumps are not pain full. The only time i got pain was when i tried to squeeze one them and it swelled up and was hurting, but after a few days the swelling and pain subsided. when i squeezed out that bump, a very tiny thick white solid staff like the one from white heads came out. There was no pus. other than that there was no discharge at all. Some times i can hardly see the bumps but i can feel them when i touch the area. the bump is a little solid like the way a pimple feel to touch when it's new before there is pus inside. the bump is the same color as my skin. at first i thought it was genital wart, but they don't look like warts. They don't look like genital herpes too. i noticed the one on my labia majora on sunday last week. it is lighter than the surrounding skin. It's not reddened and it's shrinking now. No discharge. Is it possible for herpes bump to subside without forming a blister or an ulcer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
The other expert has opted out.

These are not typical for herpes. Herpes may start as a bump, but will progress to a blister and then an ulcer. It would not stay as a bump, nor would it persist for the amount of time that you have experienced.

The history and the appearance on the images is most consistent with obstructed sweat glands. If these are not causing any symptoms, then no treatment is necessary, although it would be helpful to avoid squeezing or otherwise bothering the bumps.

If I can provide any further information, please let me know.