Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

I have a question, the inside of my vaginal wall is coated

Customer Question

Hello I have a question, the inside of my vaginal wall is coated with white stuff and there is also a watery off white discharge that kind of leaks out. I don't think my flesh is white, however the entire inside is completely coated. I am also experiencing some bring/itching (more burning than itching) but not during urination.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Kala replied 1 year ago.
Hi! Thank you for your response, I am privileged you ave allowed me to help you improve your health. There are a few preliminary questions I need you to answer in order to give you the best advise.1. Have you used any antibiotics in the 2-3 weeks before this discharge started? 2. How much water do you drink daily (cups, ounces or liters)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No antibiotics, and Im not sure how much water I drink, maybe 4 water bottles or so?
Expert:  Dr. Kala replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your reply. The symptoms you describe sounds like you may have a Candida infection, commonly known as a yeast infection. This is due to a normal inhabitant in the vagina, Candida, which can become excessive and cause a thick white pasty or chunky discharge. I find women who are not consuming sufficient water or who are consuming excessive sugars & carbohydrates or women who have diabetes to be at highest risk. This can be treated when diagnosed using an anti-fungal creme, ovule or suppository. Before diagnosis you can try reducing the sugars & carbohydrates in your diet and drinking sufficient water (at least 64 oz /d unless you also drink caffeine, then you need much more because caffeine dries out your body's tissues.)