Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

I was reading something about pulsating in the vagina,

Customer Question

Hi, I was reading something about pulsating in the vagina, because my vagina feels this way; and I saw that it can be caused by an infection. I have had an infection before and it does not feel infected. Are there other causes to that pulsing feeling in
the vagina?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Kala replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response, I am privileged you ave allowed me to help you improve your health. Women can have this sensation at various times in their lives, generally it is is not due to an infection but to the sensation of the vessels that are normal. Most woman are not aware of this pulsing in the vagina, however you can feel this when there has been a change in the lubrication of the vagina or simply because you are more aware of your body. There is nothing to be alarmed about, in the thousands of women who have reported this to me I have not found one that had an infection.