Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MD (Obst&Gynecology)
1725470

I just found out I'm pregnant on June 17 2015 I took 7 tests

Customer Question

I just found out I'm pregnant on June 17 2015 I took 7 tests they all came back postive I took one that was the clearly perdition thing it said 1-2 on wed June 17 I took another one on June 18 it said 2 -3 going by the paper the one that said 1-2 said 3 4 weeks and the 2 3 said 4 to 5 weeks when would I have possibily gotten pregnant my last period was April 29 2015 but I had a pap smear done back in may like around ma 19 they done a preg test then and it was negative and I also done one like a few days before I was supposed to have my period in may and it was neg then done one on June 4 neg and June 5 neg then got all postive on June 17
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr.M.D.Mazumdar replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a very regular menstrual cycle or o you get delayed by a few days every cycle?
When did you have unprotected sex?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well I'm married so I can't Rember the exact day I had unprotected sex if I'm guessing toward the end of may not sure though and no there not usually on the same day every month
Since you had your last period on April 29th, you would have ovulated at around the 12-14th of May. Assuming that you had sex at this time and then became pregnant, it would take at least 10-14 days for the pregnancy test to become positive. So your tests on 19th may when you had the pap smear and before the 29th may would be negative.
But the tests on 4th and 5th June would have been positive if your menstrual cycle is very regular. But if your cycle is delayed for a few days in some months, then it is likely that you have a delayed ovulation in some months. So this would account for a delayed positive pregnancy test.
So it is likely that in this month, you had a delayed ovulation and a delayed positive pregnancy test.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So when would I have possibly gotten pregnant and how far along would I be
It will be difficult to be sure since there is a large gap between your negative test on 5th June and positive test on 17th June. Going by the positive result on the 17th, you could have gotten pregnant sometime around the 7th of May.
An ultrasound will be more accurate in telling you when you probably got pregnant and how far along you are.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I took the test June 6
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok well I have a apointment Friday and just estimating how far along could I be also what about getting teeth pulled while you are pregnant
Even then, it will be very difficult to say when you got pregnant - an ultrasound will be the best procedure since this early in pregnancy, it will be able to date the pregnancy to within a few days.
There is no problem with teeth getting pulled while pregnant.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I have to wait till I'm farther along to get them pulled where I am early in the pregnancy
No, you do not have to wait - the earlier you get the ultrasound, the better you can date it.
Please click on a positive rating to leave feedback and pay me for my time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was talking about getting the tooth pulled do I have to wait till I am farther a long or can I do it whenever
Yes, you can get a tooth pulled at any time although the second pregnancy is usually the best time for it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went to the doctor today and they done two tests in the office and they said they were negative. But all the other ones I have taken have been postive. And I've ta***** *****ke 7 or 8 and they have been clear blue first RESPONCE but they did do blood work and I won't know anything till at least thus afternoon
Please click on a positive rating to continue this conversation.