Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Experience:  Board certified OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
65718478

I requested Norethindrone from my doctor to delay period by

Customer Question

I requested Norethindrone from my doctor to delay period by two weeks for an upcoming trip. My doctors office sent I prescription for Nora-BE ( Norethindrone .35 mg - which appear to be monthly birth control pills) - it's my understanding that to delay
your period you need to take .5 mg of norethindrone three times a day three days before you are supposed to get your period. The nurses in my doctors office insist the Nora-BE is the same thing - do I take three pills a day ? Four pills a day? And what should
the spacing be?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.
You can take four a day. It makes no difference if you take them all at once. This is not a very effective way at all to delay your period and has a lot of side effects. You would have better luck just starting a birth control pill.