Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

I was late 10 days from having my period and i was having all

Customer Question

I was late 10 days from having my period and i was having all the signs of being pregnant i took a 3 home pregnancy test they came back positive but the lines were faint but visible i went and took a hcg blood test at the hospital it came back inconclusive and now im i started my period. What do u think is going?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.
This is what is called a chemical pregnancy It is an early pregnancy that generates beta hcg, the pregnancy hormone, but never produces an embryo or continuing pregnancy. It is an extremely early miscarriage and is due to the pregnancy being abnormal. It happens much more frequently than we know. It occurs when a woman is late for a period and then goes on to have a heavier than normal period. Ther