Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

After loosing what appeared to be a piece of flesh during my

Customer Question

After loosing what appeared to be a piece of flesh during my last period my doctor sent me to see an OBGYN and she did an internal exam and found a mass inside that I have to go and have an hysteroscopy this week to investigate. Mammogram came back fine and these were my blood work results i got this morning. I am a 28 year old with 2 children- they seem a little boarder line.
trijodiotironina free FT3- 3,30 pg/ml
thyroxine FT4- 0,88 ng/dl
thyroid stimulating hormone TSH- 0,734 mcrU/ml
ab anti thyroglobulin < 2.2 UI/ml
ab anti microsomes TPO 0,30 UI/mL
Prolactin 12,31 ng/mL
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.
Did you receive the normal ranges for the above tests? Each lab will have its own normal range usually. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
The question or query I have is about the blood results and this is what I am expecting you to be able to shed some light on
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to the site. My name is***** hope I'm able to provide some helpful medical information for you today.

Dr. Norm is attempting to help you exactly as you want. He is asking for the normal reference ranges in the lab report. He (or any doctor) can't intepret the results without knowing the normal reference range from the lab at which the tests were run. The reference ranges are listed on the report. Once you are able to provide those, he can intepret them.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry I was under the impression the ranges were the same everywhere.

Ok here they are

trijodiotironina free FT3- 3,30 pg/ml RANGE 2,20-4,00

thyroxine FT4- 0,88 ng/dl RANGE 0,58-1,21

thyroid stimulating hormone TSH- 0,734 mcrU/ml RANGE 0,320-4,800

ab anti thyroglobulin < 2.2 UI/ml RANGE 0,0-4,0

ab anti microsomes TPO 0,30 UI/mL RANGE 0,00-9,00

Prolactin 12,31 ng/mL PREMENOPAUSE 3,34-26,72 POSTMEOPAUSE 2,74-19,60

hope this is better.

Thank you.
All your test results are within the normal range. They are mostly thyroid tests, so your thyroid seems to be working well. The one other test is for prolactin, which is a pituitary hormone, which is also normal.
Some of the tests are not far from the limits of the range, but they are all normal.