DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS
DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS, CONSULTANT GYNAECOLOGIST
Experience:  MBBS(CAL)MD(G&O)
15221770

I recently switched from nuvaring to the pill. I was on the

Customer Question

I recently switched from nuvaring to the pill. I was on the ring for 2 years and in my last year I stopped getting a period. After months of stress & negative pregnancy tests I decided I wanted to switch to the pill with the hopes that I would get a period every month again. My first month on the pill I got a period right on time, and besides having pretty bad cramps everything was normal. This is my second month on the pill (didn't miss any days, around the same time everyday) and I haven't gotten my period yet. Could I be pregnant? Or was the period last month a fluke and I'm just destined to be period free while I'm on birth control? This is so exhausting, I just want to be sure I'm not pregnant!
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS replied 1 year ago.
Hello
You can confirm your pregnancy by an urine test after 7 days of missed period. The HPT test is very accurate and you can rely on it
Scanty menstruation or even no period is also a common side effect ocp. This is due to absence of ovulation.
Thank you