Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Experience:  Board certified OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
65718478

I have only had my period twice and last summer and they

Customer Question

Hi. I have only had my period twice and last summer and they were both very light and like brown discharge. Two days ago, I experienced the same thing but yesterday and today I have had a lot of yellow orangish discharge. Is this my period being very light or should I be concerned that it is something else? Thanks.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, this is Dr K.. Answers are not medical advice and do not constitute a doctor/patient relationship. I look forward to helping you today.
If you have breast development and pubic hair, you should have a period by now. If you are not fully developed yet, this may be normal. This type of bleeding pattern is not normal. You should ask your mom to take you to the Dr so that bloodwork can be done and possibly an ultrasound of your female organs.