Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in obstetrical care and routine gynecology. 14 years experience as a family physician.
13781349

Me and my girlfriend had unprotected sex around 2 weeks

Customer Question

hello,
me and my girlfriend had unprotected sex around 2 weeks before her period. Neither of us were anywhere near orgasming and i did not ejaculate inside of her, but two days earlier before we had sex, i masturbated but peed twice and heard that urine flushes the sperm in the precum. Her period is due tomorrow and shes not getting any symptoms of her period yet, although its usually a day or two late every month. what are the CHANCES of pregnancy?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Anthony Bray MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Having unprotected sex midway through her cycle would be best way to GET HER PREGNANT!!

Ovulation most typically occurs 14 days following 1st day of her last period.

It is not dependable for you to rely on your sense of orgasm to say that you did not ejaculate. Men may release semen with sperm prior to a full orgasm. That is very common.

What you did two days prior would have no relevance to this question of possible pregnancy.

So I agree to see if she has normal period onset within next several days.

She should test for pregnancy if she does not have normal period.(Keep in mind that women can also skip periods for reasons other than pregnancy too)

I hope that this information is helpful for you.Let me know if you have further questions or discussion.

I will be happy to get back with you.If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback.

Thank You and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i understand, it was one day before her ovulation that was when we had sex. But i know that i didnt release any seamen that contained sperm during that time because i ejaculated completely afterwards not during sex. Im not sure why i thought urine kills sperm cells in precum.

for the past 6 months her period usually is a day or two late 3 to maximum and shes due today. do you suggest that the chances of her being pregnant are high in my case?

Hello again,
No I suspect that your chances are low. Of you indeed had sex before she was at time of ovulation then that reduces chance. (it varies and you can't be sure it is always day 14 for example...not a written guarantee type thing with that)
It is less likely that you ejaculated if you did not feel an orgasm until later after withdrawal --less likely but releasing some semen prior to feeling a full orgasm is possible...
So it sounds unlikely that she will be pregnant but I think that you and she probably need better birth control planning in the future...
I think that you need more care to prevent pregnancy unless you are at a point at which you two desire pregnancy...
I hope that this is helpful and makes sense. Let me know if you have further questions or discussion.
Take Care !!
Anthony Bray MD