Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Experience:  Board certified OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
65718478

I had an ultrasound done. Doctor said it looks like adenomyosis.

Customer Question

I had an ultrasound done. Doctor said it looks like adenomyosis. Next he suggest a surgery to look inside uterus. Is there any other less invasive options to confirm or treat? I've been having trouble conceiving after already having had 4 pregnancies. 2 of which to full term.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, this is Dr K.. Answers are not medical advice and do not constitute a doctor/patient relationship. I look forward to helping you today.
Ultrasound and hysteroscopy are not necessarily the first steps. Your husband should have a semen analysis and you should have an AMH or antimullerian hormone test done. This determines your ovarian reserve. It does not sound like you need surgery yet. It may be best to consult an infertility specialist.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I do worry about conception and that is an option I'm considering. I guess my question is geared more to the adenomyosis? Is there any other treatment or option to treat it? Other than hysteroscopy? To help alleviate the symptoms?