Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Experience:  Board certified OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
65718478

I have been having a sharp pain in what I think is my

Customer Question

Hi- I have been having a sharp pain in what I think is my uterus area for a few months. I went to my doctor and she did a physical exam, determining it was likely constipation. She gave me some things go try and I've been doing them. I am now having regular
bowel movements. But, the pain has returned. Today I have symptoms of nausea, diarrhea and I am burping. And it reminds me tha this is the third time since March I've had this. I assumed it was a stomach virus, but now that it is happening for the third time,
I am not sure. Does it sound like anything that needs immediate attention?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.
It does not sound like an emergency. How old are you? You should request an ultrasound. I am always concerned that vague bowel symptoms could remotely be related to ovarian cancer At least an ultrasound gives reassurance that its not a significant possibility.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dr K- I am 38 and 10 months post partum. I had an ultrasound back in October because there was a small calcification in my uterus that they caught at my postpartum appointment. Would you think I need an ultrasound since I had one relatively recently?
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.
No not at all. If that one was fine, its enough reassurance.