DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Internist trained in OB/GYN
55099014

I was in a very horrible head on collision 3 years ago and

Customer Question

I was in a very horrible head on collision 3 years ago and had a lot of bruising and pain on my left side of my pelvic around the left ovary. I have now developed an ovarian cyst which is showing signs of cancer based on blood work. I have no family history of cancer, so was wondering if the trauma from the accident could have caused this?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.
do you have any other medical issues?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I am a vegan for the past 33 years and in good health. I have 3 disc herniation in my neck from the car accident so is in constant pain. I don't take medications for it because nothing worked. I do physical therapy in my office on myself in the effort to avoid surgery. I lost 4 pounds in less than 30 days and was having discomfort and bloating. This is what prompted me to go to the doctor and consistently found the cyst and blood work showed early stages of cancer
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for this questionI'm very sorry to hear this diagnosis. I hope it turns out to be okAs for the trauma, the answer is no. The accident would not cause this.It was going to happen with or without the accident