Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

I am 17 weeks pregnant. I Have been having a lot of discharge.

Customer Question

I am 17 weeks pregnant. I Have been having a lot of discharge. Today it is a little wet in my underwear and has a different smell. Kind of sweet. is this amniotic fluid.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to the site. My name is***** hope I'm able to provide some helpful medical information for you today.

Probably not but best to check in with your OB doctor. During pregnancy, women are more prone to getting yeast infections so that may be what is going on. Also because of the increased blood flow and growth of the uterus, the cervical and vaginal gland can be more active, secreting more fluid than typical. The smell of vaginal discharge can be impacted by diet so it's hard to go by that unless it's a foul smell that's consistent with a bacterial infection.

So it's safest to check in and get guidance from your OB.

I hope this has been reassuring and helpful. Please reply if I can clarify anything.
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.
Anything else I can help with?

If done, please leave a rating for my service. I aim for excellent and appreciate your feedback. Thanks!