Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Experience:  Board certified OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
65718478

I have had a sharp, strong pain in my lower back hours.

Customer Question

I have had a sharp, strong pain in my lower back for 24 hours. It's worse at night.
This is my periods second/third day (they started on Wednesday afternoon).
I had a baby and gave birth without an epidural, this is as painful as contractions, but a bit different now.
At this point, the pain is still spread out in my lower back but I also feel a stronger, unbearable pressure on my right side, lower to now mid back. I took about 6 aspirins in 24 hours. My blood is thicker than usual, although it thinned out with the aspirins. What can I do? I can't go to the emergency room, I am alone at home with my sleeping 9 years old.
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't lay on my back, solely on my left side now.
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, this is Dr K.. Answers are not medical advice and do not constitute a doctor/patient relationship. I look forward to helping you today.
Any chance of pregnancy? If so you should do a home pregnancy test.
Aspirin does not thin your blood and will not help much for this type of pain. Ibuprofen which is over the counter is more helpful for pain with your period. You can take 3 200 mg pills every 6 hours. If you find that the pain is not relieved then you should seek medical attention.