Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

Daughter is 3 weeks from having 3rd baby and now has a bladder

Customer Question

Daughter is 3 weeks from having 3rd baby and now has a bladder infection. He prescribed an antibiotic and she is nervous about taking it. What is you opinion. Her doc says to just take it two days of she doesn't want to take a lit
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome.
I am Dr. Norm, and I look forward to helping you today.
It's important to treat a bladder infection during pregnancy, as it can turn into a kidney infection. 2 days of antibiotics is often enough when a woman is not pregnant, but it might not resolve the bladder infection during pregnancy.
We prefer to avoid medications during pregnancy, but late in preg***** *****ke this, there is no risk of birth defects, and little risk otherwise.
I would advise your daughter to listen to her doctor.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you
You're welcome.