Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

Underneath my vaginal opening I have two little skin tag like

Customer Question

Underneath my vaginal opening I have two little skin tag like things each side of the opening.they are identical on each side and not painful or itchy and only visible when I stretch my vaginal opening
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome.
I am Dr. Norm, and I look forward to helping you today.
The skin tag like things may well be just that, small skin tags.
They might also be warts or hymen remnants. Your doctor could most likely be able to identify them by looking at them. If unsure, they could easily be snipped of using a little local anesthesia and examined microscopically.
Most likely they are skin tags or nothing serious. They don't really sound like warts, but I'd have to see them to know.
I would probably ask about them the next time you're in for an exam.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They are soft and when I move them they easily move as if a small bit of skin.they seem to have been there a while and are only visible when I stretch the opening of my vagina.
Yes. They sound like skin tags. They may have been there for some time, and you just noticed them now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help.i will get it checked but you have reassured me and stopped me worrying.much appreciated
You're very welcome.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry if I could clarify one more thing.i have being seeing someone over a year now but have always been careful except twice last August and April.if it was an std I probably would have passed it to my partner by now . Would this be correct?
Not necessarily. The only std that it might be is genital warts. Some people get warts and some don't. It's somehow related to immunity.
But as I said, it doesn't sound like warts.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.much appreciated
You're welcome.