Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Doctor
Experience:  MD
23744323

My boyfriend used dish soap to clean my sex toy and it didn't

Customer Question

My boyfriend used dish soap to clean my sex toy and it didn't dry off completely and was inserted and used on my vagina. I now have bad discomfort, terrible swelling (internal and external), redness, and dryness. I can only assume it is from contact with a non-vaginal friendly soap. Do I need to visit a doctor to treat this reaction or do I just wait until it clears up on its own? How can I relieve this? Is adding creams going to only worsen the already messed up balance in my vagina?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
This is Dr. Basu, Experienced Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
That is unfortunate.
The dish soap changes the vaginal pH as well.
This cause fungal infection or yeast infection.
So you have both yeast infection and allergic reaction.
The discomfort is severe.
So early treatment is recommended for faster relief.
oral antifungal like fluconazole and a steroid cream like clobetasol can be used after discussing with your doctor.
Over the remedies like Monistat and vagisil cream can be used but they are not as strong.
Thank you for sharing your concerns with us today. If you have any additional questions or need further clarifications, please do not hesitate to ask. I am here to answer them. I wish you good health. Regards, ***** *****