Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

My wife is fighting Hyperemesis Gravidarum. Is there anything

Customer Question

My wife is fighting Hyperemesis Gravidarum. Is there anything that can be done for her beyond Zofran and I.V.'s?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Hello
More details please
What is she eating.
How often
When
etc
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We've run the gauntlet on things we've tried. Right now she's trying to eat a peach and has been nibbling on crackers..Saltines mostly. Over the last three months we have tried just about everything. As of the last 3 days.. nothing will stay down for longer than an hour. Most the time less. I've been after her to nibble on something at least every 15 minutes. She's been drinking alot of apple juice... some orange juice...Gatorade...and sprite. Just a sip of water now and then. She has a I.v. in her arm.. have been slow dripping it into her. Lactated Ringer.I'm just wondering if there is anything beyond the zofran and phernegran to help her. We have climbed out on top several times.... only to end up right back here. Usually starts with constipation. What is a safe remedy for constipation at this stage of pregnancy? When she gets like this.. the anti-nausea medicine doesn't seem to help her any at all.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
colace
metamucil
enema
What has her doctor recommended?