Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Experience:  Board certified OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
65718478

Went to Obgyn today found out I'm in premenopausal..have vaginal

Customer Question

Went to Obgyn today found out I'm in premenopausal..have vaginal dryness...I had a partial hysterictomy several years ago..and left one ovary..dr examined and said all looked good...I've been experiencing pulsing in my left ovary..and feel like I'm having menstal cramps..we are doing a vaginal ultra sound...have my self scared its cancer
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for requesting me. It is really hard to feel any sensation "in your ovary". Though patients often describe this, the ovary is very small and most pain in the lower abdominal area is not realated to the ovary at all. Pain is usually not a sign of cancer. In addition women who have had a hysterectomy have a lower chance of ovarian cancer overall. Cancer is the least likely case. An ultrasound will be helpful.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank-you do you feel these are part of menopausal issues?
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.
No, pain is not part of menopause. You do need an ultrasound as the pain sounds persistant. I think if it more likely that the symptoms you are having are not related to the ovary at all.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Anything to be concerned about?..
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.
Your symptoms do not sound serious or concerning. I would follow the plan your Dr has given you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.
I bet all will go well. Please consider a positive rating. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi..just wanted to let you know that I have figured out what was causing my cramping and pulsing in my ovary...I had been take a product call azo yeast plus..twice a day...there is a medicine in it that causing these symptoms...I stopped taking it and no more cramping or pulsing...yea!
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.
not so sure about that but great