Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Experience:  Board certified OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
65718478

I just found out i was pregnant (yesterday) my period was due

Customer Question

I just found out i was pregnant (yesterday) my period was due on the24/25th i went to the ER do to some cramping . They confirm i was pregnant, my hcg levels was 168.
And i had an ultrasound done . No sac but the "lining" was thicking up and showed that i was pregnant. Doc said i was about 1-2 wks because of my levels My question is, is there a such thing as 1-2wks pregnant? Am i really 3 weeks? My period is very irregular. So i can not get an accurate date.
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ultrasound tech said everything looked good on her end.How can HCG levels show up at "1-2weeks" isnt that conception time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.
No there is not such a thing as 1-2 weeks pregnant and you cannot tell how far along by an hcg level. 168 is very low. It is a level that would be common around your missed period. If youre well past your period, this may mean a very low level, consistent with miscarriage. If your period is irregular it could be an early pregnancy. An ultrasound is not at all helpful this early I would suggest you repeat the blood level in about a week.
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if you have questions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My period would have been due around may 24/25th . However it is very irregular.
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.
I saw that. 168 is consistent with very early pregnancy.