Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

I have been battling a UTI, I am 14 weeks pregnant. I just

Customer Question

I have been battling a UTI, I am 14 weeks pregnant. I just finished my 2nd round of antibiotics. My flank pain has returned. It is intermittent, sometimes painful other times it feels like my lower back is burning. I am having mild abdominal cramps this morning which I Have not had since very early in the pregnancy. ???????????
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to the site. My name is***** hope I'm able to provide some helpful medical information for you today.

Recurrent UTIs during pregnancy is a serious situation that requires you to either call your OB to be seen in the office today. Alternatively, a trip to the L&D for evaluation. UTIs can be located in the kidneys. In that location, there is danger of preterm birth and permanent damage to the kidneys.

So the bot***** *****ne is not to think you are bothering anyone and pick up the phone to call your OB. If he or she is not available, head to the hospital for evaluation.

Good luck. I hope all goes well.