Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Experience:  Board certified OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
65718478

I've been dealing with what I believe it friction burn in my

Customer Question

Hi, I've been dealing with what I believe it friction burn in my vigina. I've had the same partner for a year and this has happened twice before and I went to the doctor but this time it's taking longer than usual to heal. I had rough sex and that night I had some pain but the next morning it was more uncomfortable. I've been very dry, I've noticed some cuts that have since healed. but inside my vigina I have little bumps or maybe blisters in a horizontal row. Some have healed but there are still a few left and they are painful to touch. I don't believe its an std because the other two times this has happened I was negative for any stds. I have switch from using Generes FE birth control to the generic brand this month.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.
Blisters in a row are suspicious for herpes
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.
Herpes is not part of a routine std screen. You cannot be "negative for everything" as we cannot test for everything. In addition the herpes test can be falsely negative about 40 percent of the time even if a swab is done. I would suggest seeing a Dr for a swab of the blisters as soon as possible.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand your response and will again go to the doctor. but the last two times my doctors thought that also and specifically tested for herpes and got negative results. I don't think they are blisters. they look and feel like little bumps. the reason I say maybe blisters is because this morning they were very painful with I touched them. More painful than normal. And my pain developed right after the sex. Does herpes come that fast?
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.
Painful blisters are almost always herpes but no they would not start that fast so you may be correct. If they are from sex, they will need to heal on theri own.