Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)
16766337

I was with a partner who had cold sores and tested + .

Customer Question

Hi, I was with a partner who had cold sores and tested + for herpes. We always used condoms after finding out. However before this, we had unprotected sex. I just got tested and I'm is 1.26. My doc is now testing with igg. Am I pretty much 100% likely to have positive igg?
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Typo. I meant I'm is 1.26. It's been > 3 months since 1st exposure. I am asymptomatic.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Igm keeps coming out as I'm. Igm is 1.26
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.
Hi there ...
In most of the cases Herpes infection remains asymptomatic and in most of the cases under stress , low immune status and disease state it get activated , IgG Shows previous infection if it comes positive than it indicates that you had past asymptomatic infection .
I will also suggest you to have PCR test for Herpes virus , and treatment is indicated only when you have breakout of Herpes in asymptomatic individuals no treatment is offered .
Regards .
Please leave positive feedback for me .
Thanks .