Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

My concern is when I first got on the depo shot..It stopped

Customer Question

my concern is when I first got on the depo shot..It stopped my periods.. I had sex on April 23rd 2015 started spotting on April 30th..my next shot wasn't due until may 5 which I didn't get but I'm still spotting..what could be the problem
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome.
I am Dr. Norm, and I look forward to helping you today.
Spotting on the depo shot is pretty common, even when there has been no bleeding for many months. Sometimes it's due to stress, and often we don't know why it occurs.
An STD can also cause spotting, so if that's a possibility, I would see your doctor to be tested. Otherwise, time will probably take care of it.