Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

I found out 2 weeks ago I'm pregnant! So I am either 7 weeks

Customer Question

I found out 2 weeks ago I'm pregnant! So I am either 7 weeks this Thursday (if you count from my last period but I am not sure if I can since I had a CP pregnancy last month on March 26th and my ovulation may have been off) or 6 weeks. My first appt is
next monday and i will know exactly how far along I am. I actually feel fantastic except for the sore chest and some fatigue and frequent urination which is all quite bearable. My hcg numbers have been more than doubling last two weeks so everything is on
a great level but I have no morning sickness or nausea..at least yet and I still work out almost every day. I read that women who DO experience morning sickness have a significantly less chance of miscarriage. And this frightened me since I have no feelings
of nausea..yet. Also, I don't typically get nauseas or throw up (unless I have had a lot of alcohol to drink and suffer from a hangover). Never had a stomach flu, never car or motion sickness, don't really get sick either so wondering if this is why and overall
should I worry that I am not feeling nauseas and would that mean I may miscarry? LAst, I have cut out caffeine but I drink Chai Latte which on the label says to have 10mg of caffeine. Assuming that is okay since its just black tea...?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.
Many women don't experience any nausea at all with perfectly healthy pregnancies. There is alot of variation. Also at 6-7 weeks gestational age, it may be a couple of weeks too soon to be really noticing a lot of nausea anyway. So as long as the HCG numbers are looking good, the next step is to verify the viability of the pregnancy with an ultrasound. This should be scheduled for the next ~ 2 weeks. That's a great gestational age to figure out accurate due date and viability. The 10mg of caffeine from the Chai is nothing to worry about. Large amounts of coffee such as 3 cups daily or more, has been associated with an increased miscarriage rate. But the level in your Chai is far from a cause of concern.
I hope this was reassuring and helpful. Please reply if I can clarify anything. So far so good.