Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Doctor
Experience:  MD
23744323

I've been on LoLo control months now.

Customer Question

Hello,I've been on LoLo for birth control for 3 months now. I didn't take the pills properly for the first month and have had a 4 day period every month on the 3rd row of pills. I'm worried about what this means for when I ovulate. Would I ovulate on the regular pill schedule or according to when my period starts every month? I recently had unprotected sex (there was no ejaculation inside me) the day after I started a new pack. I'm worried that there may be a chance of pregnancy because of pre-cum, etc. if my ovulation is based on when my off-periods are starting.Thanks,
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
This is Dr. Basu, Experienced Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
Indeed good concern.
Whe you do not take the pill as prescribed then you can have breathrough bleeding in between the cycles.
And your ovulation will be also disrupted due to the imbalance in the hormones from the pills.
Given the fact you still got periods in 3 months in a row --and if the periods occurred at the same time, then your ovulation should be counted from last day pf period as usual.
So unprotected sex a day after starting the pill should not cause prgnancy.
You can take a bloodHCg test for confirmation as well.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please click on Excellent service so that the website allows me to assist you further :)