Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

I have been on Trivora years. I had to restart

Customer Question

Hello! I have been on Trivora for many years. I had to restart my packet in Feb. I have had 3 periods since. My period this month (May 6 I started) was old blood for about 2 days. It wasn't heavy, and usually when i wiped it was redish brown. Sat. I had some red flow, but lighter. I have noticed I'm heavy one month, and lighter the next. My question is can I count this month as a period?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.
YesAny amount of bleeding is a period. It does not matter how light or heavy it is, how long it lasts, or what color it is. If it occurs during your pill free week or during your placebo week it is your period. If it is bleeding that occurs during your active pills, it is not a period and is break through bleeding.