Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I have a bump on my labia minora it is round and reddish white

Customer Question

I have a bump on my labia minora it is round and reddish white and does not hurt. It popped up after I shaved the oubic area a few times... I noticed a tiny pink white spot that was rectangular and hard... It seemed to fill up until it was round and maybe the size of 1/4 to 1/2 a pea size... Does not hurt... What could it be?
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do have a picture of it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has been there probably 10 months to a year no change
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
Could you attach the picture?
Or if you wold rather not post the picture on this site, another option would be to post the picture on a file sharing site and let me know the URL. Then you can take down the picture once we complete our discussion.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wii's try to attach it.
Very good.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
+ ADD FILES
Send
Need more than just an answer?
Your current Expert can offer you a phone call, video call & more.View Expert Services
image.
+ ADD FILES
Send
Need more than just an answer?
image.jpg Remove Remove
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think I sent pic this is soooo embarassing
There is no reason to be embarrassed.
This bump has the appearance of an obstructed hair follicle that has formed a simple cyst. And the development after shaving is a common reason for this to occur.
There are a couple of options to try to facilitate healing.
The primary interventions is hot water soaking a couple times daily. This is easiest to be done in a bath tub, but any source of hot water would be OK, even if wearing a bathing suit, such as a hot tub. It can help to add Epsom or table salt to the bath water. It also would be important to avoid any additional shaving until this heals. If you are in a situation in which soaking is impractical, it also would be OK to apply hot compresses.
If it does not resolve with conservative care, then it may require a visit to your doctor for a minor procedure to drain or remove the cyst.
If I can provide any further information, please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to get rid of bump... What would be involved?
If you can get it to drain with the interventions noted above, the bump will typically heal and you will have gotten rid of the bump.
However, if the conservative interventions do not help, surgical removal of the bump is a relatively minor procedure that can be done by your doctor. I realize that neither gender consider surgery on the genitalia to be minor, so I am only referencing to the ease at which the doctor can do the procedure.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks I appreciate it.
You are most welcome.