Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I have been taking medroxyprogesterone 10mg to delay my

Customer Question

Hi, I have been taking medroxyprogesterone 10mg to delay my period and I started a little late (the day before it was supposed to start). Its been working great for 2 days but now I am spotting. Is this the same medicine I can take multiple doses of? I have been taking it every day at noon. How far apart do I take the doses. I need it to stop right away!
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome.
I am Dr. Norm, and I look forward to helping you today.
You can increase the amount of medroxyprogesterone, and you can take quite a bit if needed.
Once a period has started, it can be difficult to get it to stop, so I would increase the dose as soon as possible. I'd take 2 tablets now and repeat 2 before bedtime. If there is no bleeding tomorrow, I'd cut back to 1 tablet twice a day and continue with 1 twice daily until you wish your period to start.
If you're still having any spotting tomorrow, I'd continue with 2 tablets twice daily. Best wishes.