Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

I am 62 years old I have had 4 D& C's because i have a very

Customer Question

I am 62 years old I have had 4 D& C's because i have a very thick lining according to the ultra sounds that i have done yearly. When my doctor is done with the procedure she said my lining was not thick. I started my periods again about 5 months after the procedure is done each time. My ob/ gyn is putting me on Medroxyprogesterone. She is suggesting a hysterectomy, I do not want one. Please advise me. Thanks Bette
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.
I think the medroxyprogesterone is a good idea. For some reason, you are building up your uterine lining, and the progesterone should help to prevent that buildup.As long as your D&C's have had benign findings, I don't think that you need a hysterectomy. The bleeding and the buildup of the lining are somewhat strange, but they can't go on forever, and there is no indication of cancer.