Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

I had a 1 1/2 day period and they usually are 3-4 days long.

Customer Question

i had a 1 1/2 day period and they usually are 3-4 days long. It came about 1-2 days early and was thin and not clotty at all. Since then, i have had mild cramping and lower back ache like pms. i'm not sure what it is but I don't feel 'normal".
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.
This is most likely a normal variation of your cycle. We really cannot explain why these types of variations happen. Of course, when your period is not normal, light or too early or late, and you have abnormal symptoms, there is always the chance of pregnancy. You should do a home test to be sure.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will my age be a factor on when it shows positive? I've taken 2 at 13-14 days past ovulation and they're negative. I am hoping it isn't a tubal pregnancy because the dull cramps are on my right side ovary and consistent. I'll take another test today.
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.
No A pregnancy test is not based on age. It is based on beta hcg which is pregnancy hormone in your blood stream. It is positive 4 days before you miss a period and have nothing to do with age. It would be positive with a tubal pregnancy most likely as well. The chances of conception past 50 are less than 1 percent. Take a test with your first morning urine.