Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in obstetrical care and routine gynecology. 14 years experience as a family physician.
13781349

I'm looking to see why my left pelvic region is swollen and

Customer Question

I'm looking to see why my left pelvic region is swollen and is slightly painful when I flex my thigh.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Anthony Bray MD replied 1 year ago.
Hello! What is your age? How long have you had the swelling and discomfort? Diverticulitis is most common to affect the lower left area of the abdoman. This may cause soreness and may at times cause nausea. Swelling of the area is possible. If that then it needs to be treated with a course of antibiotics. Other causes are possible. I will await further details from you and we may discuss these further... I hoipe that this is helpful for you. If my answers are helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback. Thank You and Best Regards,Anthony Bray MD