Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MD (Obst&Gynecology)
1725470

Past 2-3 days I have had (still do) difficulties

Customer Question

Hello,for the past 2-3 days I have had (still do) difficulties urinating properly :reduced flow, constant need to go and burning sensation (at the tip of the penis)
+ non stop headachesI'm 53yo , on holidays on a island (kind of stuck there for 2 more days)Thanks for your help,Ph.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr.M.D.Mazumdar replied 1 year ago.
Your symptoms are suggestive of a urinary tract infection (UTI) - reduced flow, increased frequency, burning sensation etc.
The headache is possibly due to stress from the UTI - stress can cause spasms of the head and neck.
Please take Ibuprofen tablets if you can get them - this will decrease the inflammation related to the UTI as well as the headache. Drink plenty f water - at least 10 glasses daily. if you can get cranberry juice, that will help with the UTI.
Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables - they will help to make the urine alkaline and decrease the UTI.
Ideally, you need to see a doctor for an antibiotic.