DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS
DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS, CONSULTANT GYNAECOLOGIST
Experience:  MBBS(CAL)MD(G&O)
15221770

My boyfriend had an obvious cold soar on his mouth at or

Customer Question

my boyfriend had an obvious cold soar on his mouth at or around the same time my housemate complained to me that she contracted something from a man with a cold soar on his lip. Not linking the two events together, I took a look at her vagina and she deffinately
had a cold soar on the labia. It was obvious and she was experiencing discharge and odor ect. i had been away on vaccation so i never got symptoms and havent still. The obvious question here is What are the odds of the two housemates having cold soars visible
within the same month who dont have skin to skin contact with eachother. at least not mouth to vagina
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS replied 1 year ago.
hello
Herpes simplex 1 usually cause oral lesion not genital ulcer but it may cause genital ulcer through skin to skin contact by oral sex.
So if you have any lesion in the vagina wall and no history or vaginal contact the type of lesion in your vagina must be re evaluated for the nature of virus whether simplex 1 or not.
Because type 2 may be dormant in the body for a long time without any symptoms may transfer it by sex.
Thank you