Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MD (Obst&Gynecology)
1725470

I had a hysterectomy 10 years ago and a rectocele repair two

I had a hysterectomy 10 years ago and a rectocele repair two years ago. Since the repair I have notice some very mild bright red blood when wiping but it always went away. The last 2 days I have had spotting that requires a light pad and I just had several pea size clots. I'm concerned that the rectocele has recurred. Of course it is Friday night and I don't think it is serious so I thought I'd call my OB on Monday. Does anyone have thoughts?

Thanks,
Patti

Welcome adn thank you for the quesiton.

I do not think that your rectocele has recurred - if it had, you would have had passage of stool or gas through the vagina.

What you probably do have is formation of granulation along the incision line - granulation tissue is a thin fragile tissue that can develop during the healing process of an incision on the tissue. It can bleed easily, since it is fragile.

Treatment consists of cauterizing it, either with copper sulphate or cryocautery.

I hope this helps.