Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Board Certified: Ob/Gyn & Preventive medicine, US Medical Graduate
18703594

Hello I am a mother of 5.and I had my tubes clamped 5 years

Hello I am a mother of 5.and I had my tubes clamped 5 years ago and they feel off about 2 years ago and my first day of my last period was aug 21 and on sept 11 i was in walmart and with a really sharp pain blood gushed down my legs and i passed a large clot, the bleeding last for about 2 days and it was heavy. and im still haveing bad cramps and i also feel something like pressure. was this a miscarriage.I havnt been to the doc because I do not have insurance and cant afford to pay for a doc visit. another thing is I have not started my normal period.

Dr. Owen :

Hello, I am Dr Owen, I am a Board Certified Ob/Gyn Medical Doctor and I want to help you.

Dr. Owen :

Hello

Dr. Owen :

Hello - are you saying your clamps fell off and how do you know that?

Dr. Owen :

Also, have you done a pregnancy test?

Dr. Owen :

And, are you still bleeding?

Customer:

yes about 2 years ago i have an xray in the ER and they saw them laying down in my pelvic area off of my tubes

Dr. Owen :

ok

Customer:

no I havent takin a test and no I only bled for 2 days and it was really heavy and I wasnt supose to start my period on the 21st and this happened on the 11th

Customer:

I also passed a clot when I made it to the bathroom but the blood was down my legs and soaked my pants

Dr. Owen :

Well I would check a pregnancy test just to be sure you are not pregnant - and if Not positive then Unlikely this was a miscarriage - but sometimes you can have a heavy bleeding episode like this in midcycle - I know it does not happen that often But I as an ob/gyn see if often - but as LONG as you are NOT bleeding now, you should be absolutely fine.

Dr. Owen :

but do get a pregnancy test to make sure and if the test is NOT positive, you will be fine, and there really is no reason to see a doctor now, as long as you do not have a positive test.

Dr. Owen :

If you have more questions, please ask

Dr. Owen :

I'm sure you have more questions possibly

Customer:

will a pregnancy test still show positive if I had a miscarriage almost a week ago

Dr. Owen :

It could show positive, but usually by about 1 week the test should be negative.

Dr. Owen :

and unless you do a pregnancy test immediately when this starts, sometimes you never know - we as ob/gyn's even have to do pregnancy tests - that is the only way we know you are pregnant or not.

Customer:

ok because I havent started my normal period and I am having alot of pain

Dr. Owen :

I understand- well do the test first

Dr. Owen :

and you can take tylenol for pain, or even motrin.

Customer:

ok I will take one tomorrow and thank you so much for your time.

Dr. Owen :

but if this pain is increasing and getting more severe and you do have a positive pregnancy test - then the concern would be for an Ectopic pregnancy especially given the scenario you have from having had a tubal and the clamps fell off

Dr. Owen :

I wish you well

Dr. Owen :

Please click on EXCELLENT for helping you ....

Dr. Owen :

thank you

Dr. Owen :

Dr Owen

Customer:

thank you Dr Owen

Dr. Owen :

you are very welcome