Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Board Certified: Ob/Gyn & Preventive medicine, US Medical Graduate

Hello! I was recently diagnosed with a UTI and bladder infection

Hello! I was recently diagnosed with a UTI and bladder infection and was prescribed Phenazopyridine (100mg) and Nitrofurantoin momo-mcr (100mg). Before i started started treatment for the UTI/BI my vagina, primarily around my clitoris and urinary opening, were extremely itchy and irritated and i found myself unable to keep from scratching. I have since found 2 small, soft and painless bumps that are a shade lighter pink in color than normal on my labia majora and minora around where i was concentrating the itching. Could this be an irritation caused by the itching or the medication or should i go and get this checked out by a doctor? They have not changed in size or color since i found them.

Dr. Owen : Hello, I am Dr Owen, I am a Board Certified Ob/Gyn Medical Doctor and I want to help you.
Dr. Owen : hello

Dr. Owen : Did the itching start after antibiotics?

i had the itching mostly before the antibiotics and it went away (mostly) a day after i had started treatment

Dr. Owen : what have you tried for the itching?

well i have been keeping the area clean and dry and wearing loose clothing and that has helped a lot.

Dr. Owen : This could be from UTI itself , but you might have an additional yeast infection too
Dr. Owen : so, try an over the counter product called Clotrimazole.

well i do suspect a yeast infection but my main concern is the bumps

do they sound like something i should be concerned about?

Dr. Owen : dont worry about the bumps, more than likely associated with the infection.
Dr. Owen : no concern
Dr. Owen : try the Clotimazole like I suggested.

ok and should i start treatment for the yeast infection now ?

that wont be effected by the antibiotics im taking?

Dr. Owen : Yes start the Clotimazole today.
Dr. Owen : I wish you well

Dr. Owen : please click on EXCELLENT
Dr. Owen : THANK YOU
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I would like more information on why i have painless vaginal bumps, not on why my vagina is itching.
The bumps that are painless could be due to what are known as Inclusion cysts - these are very common and honestly really are not worrisome.

If you have more questions, please ask
Thank you