Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Board Certified: Ob/Gyn & Preventive medicine, US Medical Graduate

I have a complex cyst on my ovaries I wasnt feeling well pain

I have a complex cyst on my ovaries I wasn't feeling well pain in my pelvis and neck and shoulder and I was peeing on myself. I had a tuble in my twenties and my husband had a vasectomy with no sperm. But I came back positive with an hcg count I'm not bleeding nor is a baby visible on a ultra sound either in my tubes or anywhere else. What is going on with me I also have hasimotoes thyroid and have leaked breast milk for the last twenty years which is at a higher level of leakage. And no I didn't cheat on my husband can anyone help me.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 9 months ago.

Dr. Owen :

Hello, I am Dr Owen, I am a Board Certified Ob/Gyn Medical Doctor and I want to help you.

Dr. Owen :

Hello

Dr. Owen :

Can you tell me the level of the HCG?

Dr. Owen :

and are you sure your husband had No sperm after the vasectomy?

Dr. Owen :

how long have you had the HCG level elevated?

Dr. Owen :

And, how big is the ovarian cyst?

Customer:

Positive no sperm count

Dr. Owen :

okay

Dr. Owen :

how long have you had this cyst?

Customer:

I'm not sure I just found out its less the 2 cm

Customer:

My hcg was 85 friday

Customer:

Dropped to 14 monday

Dr. Owen :

okay - good

Dr. Owen :

I'm glad to see this has dropped.

Dr. Owen :

a few things....

Customer:

I also was diagnosed with hydrosefillis

Dr. Owen :

There is a type of ovarian cyst that can produce an ovarian cyst - and that should be evaluated.

Customer:

But was thinking because of breast milk maybe a patuitary problem

Customer:

My tsh levels have risen also and blood pressure has been high

Dr. Owen :

There is also sometimes an false HCG level that can happen with an elevated blood and then once below 75 on the blood test - then it could be a negative if the urine is negative.

Dr. Owen :

But sometimes TSH has a 50% similar cross reaction with HCG -

Dr. Owen :

and you might also have an elevated PROLACTINOMA

Dr. Owen :

So given ALL of this and the 'confusing ' situation - then you should get this ALL evaluated with an ob/gyn.

Customer:

My husband thinks I cheated on him but I didn't

Dr. Owen :

no,

Dr. Owen :

that is Unlikely given ALL that you said, especially with a complex cyst

Customer:

I have never cheated but hard to prove when we take a sample in and rhey say not possible

Dr. Owen :

Oh this is NOT about cheating...

Dr. Owen :

there are good reasons for this that I just described for you

Customer:

No its not but I need to find out what's going on and I don't know were to go

Dr. Owen :

OKAY -

Dr. Owen :

let me try this again and PLEASE hold off on typing until I'm done.....

Dr. Owen :

1. This could be from an ovarian cyst - there are some types of ovarian cysts that can produce HCG

Dr. Owen :

2. This could be due to the Similar CROSS REACTION of an Elevated TSH - that can cause this.

Dr. Owen :

3. This could be something called Phantom HCG

Dr. Owen :

And since you have a tubal - HONESTLY this is NOT due to a pregnancy

Dr. Owen :

So SHOW this to your husband - this is NOT from cheating

Dr. Owen :

YOU have very Valid reasons for elevated HCG

Dr. Owen :

and WHO do you need to see about this - AN Ob/gyn - I deal with issues like yours about once per month - so this is something an ob/gyn CAN really handle.

Dr. Owen :

I hope that makes sense

Dr. Owen :

I wish you well

Dr. Owen :

If you have more questions, please ask - but I think I put this in very clear English for you - so do NOT worry and tell your husband this is NOT about cheating.

Dr. Owen :

Thank you

Customer:

Thank u very much

Dr. Owen :

Dr Owen

Dr. Owen :

you are very welcome

Dr. Owen :

Please click on EXCELLENT

Dr. Owen :

Thank you

Dr. Owen :

Dr Owen

Dr. Owen :

Hello

Dr. Owen :

Are you there?

Dr. Owen :

Please click on EXCELLENT for helping you

Dr. Owen :

Hi - Are you there?

Customer:

I'm trying

Dr. Owen :

you should be able to see the Excellent button - click on it then click on 'submit'

Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience: Board Certified: Ob/Gyn & Preventive medicine, US Medical Graduate