Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Board Certified: Ob/Gyn & Preventive medicine, US Medical Graduate
18703594

I have been diagnosed with Cushings Disease just recently

I have been diagnosed with Cushing's Disease just recently after 2 years of waiting and have been a case study and very mysterious to everyone but one symptom that I do not know if it is related is that due to extreme weight gain I have trouble with excess moisture in the female areas but not inside only where the upper thighs crease and meet with the vaginal area and hair. I keep having times of bleeding from each side and it is painful like it is a cut there but as I said it isn't from the inside of the vaginal areas only on the sides where the legs crease and meet the area. I can't see it, I can hardly reach it. I soak in a tub frequently instead of just showers, pads aren't wide enough and I wear cotton underwear and use tissue to try and stick in the places where it is bleeding and change frequently to keep it dry but I can't figure out what may be causing it except excess moisture. I just can't see it and have trouble reaching all areas. Is there anything I can do like a moisture guard. I was on hospice a couple of years ago when I became suddenly ill but no one in my family remembers what material they used. They just know it was white and they could cut it into the sizes they needed and place in any problem areas. I have no memory of that time so I am not sure where all it was used but I wanted to see if you could offer any insights? Thank you for your time. Blessings, Carrie R.

Dr. Owen :

Hello, I am Dr Owen, I am a Board Certified Ob/Gyn Medical Doctor and I want to help you.

Dr. Owen :

Hi Carrie,

Dr. Owen :

Are you asking for a material that does Not stick to your skin essentially?

Dr. Owen :

Because there is a material called TELFA that does this.

Customer:

yes that is what my family remembers is that since my skin was so stretched and sensitive they didn't remember it having an adhesive. This is just in a delicate place where it there isn't room to breath and I really think excess moisture could be causing the problem.

Dr. Owen :

Also, apply an Antifungal cream such as Clotrimazole will help too.

Dr. Owen :

IT is not an adhesive and it does NOT stick to the skin - and that is the beauty of that material - it does not cause any injury to the skin

Dr. Owen :

and, I use it with Antifungal cream on women like you - and this should help you

Customer:

Can I get that cream over the counter or do I need to call my dr? I will see about TELFA that may be what they used. So this isn't uncommon to bleed from those sides?

Dr. Owen :

Now, many hospitals Around the country have what is known as a 'Wound Clinic' - and they carry these bandages essentially - so I would check with a Hospital and ask for the Wound Clinic

Dr. Owen :

you can get the Clotrimazole cream OTC - it does not need a prescription

Customer:

Also can you cut the TEFLA into the pieces or sizes you need?

Dr. Owen :

The Telfa might be difficult to get without a wound clinic - but it is very readily available

Dr. Owen :

You can cut these into any size you want -

Customer:

Ok I will get to work on that. So the bleeding from these areas isn't uncommon?

Customer:

Is it normally due to moisture and infection?

Dr. Owen :

no it is not and that is why the clotrimazole might help you

Dr. Owen :

so it could just be a yeast infection causing all of this - given your medical history

Customer:

Wow, not knowing that I just thought yeast infections would occur inside the vaginal areas I didn't realize they could occur there as well and that could be it and cause the bleeding and pain?

Dr. Owen :

yes they can

Dr. Owen :

I wish you welll

Dr. Owen :

You can always ask me questions - just ask for Dr Owen

Dr. Owen :

Please click on EXCELLENT for helping you

Dr. Owen :

Thank you

Dr. Owen :

Dr Owen

Customer:

I will get the cream and check on the wound center TELFA too. Thank you so much for your time and help. I feel much better. Thank you again. Blessings, Carrie R

Dr. Owen :

you are welcome Carrie - have a great upcoming weekend

Dr. Owen :

Please click on Excellent before you leave

Dr. Owen :

Thank you