Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MD (Obst&Gynecology)

Just had a baby almost 7 weeks ago!! I am in a lot of pain

Just had a baby almost 7 weeks ago!! I am in a lot of pain in abdominal it feels like first stage contractions it can it starts from the upper the. Goes to the right side and left side of my body not sure what to do

Welcome and thank you for your question. I am Dr.Mazumdar and I hope I'm able to help you with your medical problem today.

This type of pain occurs if there is an infection or if there is a remnant of pregnancy tissue inside the uterus. You will need an ultrasound to check the uterus.

Meanwhile, please take Ibuprofen 400mg ( 2 200mg tablets) , available without a prescription. If the pain does not decrease (it should), you will need to go to the ER for a stronger prescription strength painkiller and for tests to diagnose the cause.

I hope this helps.