Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MD (Obst&Gynecology)

I took a digital pregnancy test to day in the morning and it

I took a digital pregnancy test to day in the morning and it said i was pregnant .I took another test this evening and the test was negative ... Is this normal

Welcome and thank you for your question. I am Dr.Mazumdar and I hope I'm able to help you with your medical problem today.

This can be normal in very early pregnancy.

The early morning urine is concentrated and contains more HCG. But as the day goes on and you eat and drink, the urine becomes somewhat diluted and the level of HCG may be less than the level in the early morning urine. This low level may not be caught in a pregnancy test and show a negative report.

After a few days, as the HCG level rises, this anomaly will not be present and you will see a positive report in both the morning as well as the evening urine.

I hope this helps.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Is it possible I had a false positive
That is also possible.

But these tests are usually quite accurate and false negatives are more likely than false positives.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So I would still be pregnant and only test in the morning for a while

Yes, you can still be pregnant.

Please wait and test again after 48-72 hours of the previous test - that will give you a more accurate report. The HCG level usually doubles by this time.