Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Board Certified: Ob/Gyn & Preventive medicine, US Medical Graduate

I have a blood type blister on the outside of my vagina what

I have a blood type blister on the outside of my vagina what could have caused this or what is it should I be concerned or will it go away
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 12 months ago.

Dr. Owen :

Hello, I am Dr Owen, I am a Board Certified Ob/Gyn Medical Doctor and I want to help you.

Dr. Owen :

Hello

Dr. Owen :

Are you sexually active?

Dr. Owen :

where specifically is this blood blister?

Customer: Hi yes I am sexually active but I haven't been for the past week and I just found it today and it's on the edge of the lip on my skin
Dr. Owen :

Upper, middle or lower?

Dr. Owen :

how big approximately?

Dr. Owen :

and does it hurt, burn or sting?

Customer: Upper and it's about the size of the top of a needle and it only hurts if I touch it
Dr. Owen :

so they are very small then

Dr. Owen :

and when you touch is the hurt burning or stinging?

Dr. Owen :

and these are blood colored, not clear fluid colored, correct?

Customer: It's only one and yeah it may be alittle bit bigger then that but not much
Dr. Owen :

and red in color, not clear colored?

Customer: Red but clear puss was coming out of it when I tried to pop it
Dr. Owen :

do you shave at all?

Dr. Owen :

Hi

Dr. Owen :

Are you there?

Customer: Yes but I haven't recently could it just be an ingrown hair
Dr. Owen :

Well this sounds like you might have an ingrown hair, or a possible MINOR infection or a sebaceous cyst - this does NOT sound serious - and what you can do is use warm / hot compresses (with a wash cloth) and keep it clean with anti bacterial soap such as Dial soap, PLUS using anti-bacteria cream such as Neosporin, Bactroban, or Bacitracin.

Dr. Owen :

So this does NOT sound concerning given what you have said.

Dr. Owen :

This is NOT herpes - herpes has CLEAR fluid and not blood in the blister

Customer: Thanks so much :)
Dr. Owen :

you are very welcome

Dr. Owen :

Please click on EXCELLENT

Dr. Owen :

please do Not click on poor or bad (that just hurts me)

Dr. Owen :

Thank you

Dr. Owen :

Dr Owen

Dr. Owen :

and if you have more questions at a later time

Dr. Owen :

Please ask

Dr. Owen :

Please click on EXCELLENT

Dr. Owen :

we take our free time to help you

Dr. Owen :

and it does not cost you anything extra to click on EXCELLENT for helping you

Dr. Owen :

Can you tell me why you did not click on EXCELLENT

Dr. Owen :

Hello - Are you there?

Dr. Owen :

Did I do an EXCELLENT job helping you?

Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience: Board Certified: Ob/Gyn & Preventive medicine, US Medical Graduate