Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MD (Obst&Gynecology)
1725470

Hello. My right nipple is itching a bit more as I get closer

Hello. My right nipple is itching a bit more as I get closer to delivery. Nipples look pretty much the same. Right has a slightly lighter pinker patch on inside and left has possibly the same but much smaller. No oozing, crusting, discharge, etc... Itching is not constant. Is this normal?

Welcome and thank you for your question.

Itching of the nipples is normal during pregnancy, especially late pregnancy due to increased blood supply to the nipples at this time. Since there is no oozing, crusting or discharge, you have no cause for concern.

I hope this helps.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you! It's ok that one itches more than the other? It was my bigger milk producer in last pregnancy and also had benign calcification.
Reina,

Yes, it is perfectly normal for one to itch more than the other - it will not affect the milk production.