Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Board Certified: Ob/Gyn & Preventive medicine, US Medical Graduate
18703594

23 weeks pregnant with yellow discharge. Is this signs of loosing

23 weeks pregnant with yellow discharge. Is this signs of loosing my mucus plug?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Owen : Hello, I am Dr Owen, I am a Board Certified Ob/Gyn Medical Doctor and I want to help you.
Dr. Owen : Hello
Dr. Owen : No, this is not a sign of losing a mucous plus
Dr. Owen : having discharge like this is actually quite normal and not a concern.
Dr. Owen : Now if you were losing fluid like a thin clear liquid or if you were bleeding then this would be a concern - as this could be leaking amniotic fluid or preterm labor - but your discharge like this is normal.
Dr. Owen : Now, if you have an odor that is 'fishy' - then you might have a simple infection such as BV - bacterial vaginosis that should be evaluated and treated
Dr. Owen : Hi
Dr. Owen : If you have more questions, please ask
Dr. Owen : Also, a mucous plus will be LOST multiple times and reformed multiple times in the same pregnancy - so do not worry about that
Dr. Owen : It is just the bleeding and or clear fluid that is really concerning
Dr. Owen : I hope this helps
Dr. Owen : Please click on EXCELLENTthank you
Dr. Owen : Dr Owen
Dr. Owen : and I am online daily if you need help at any time
Customer: Last night I noticed something fall in the toilet, it was thick almost cottage cheese like and yellow with a speck of red on it. It was no bigger than the size of a half of a pea. It had fallen on a toilet seat cover in the bowl, I'm staying in a hotel. When I went to wipe, I saw nothing.
Dr. Owen : okay
Dr. Owen : well if you are having itching you might have a yeast infection
Dr. Owen : and if fishy then a BV infection
Dr. Owen : but these are NOT really that concerning- but it is something that if you continue have - get this evaluated so that you can get treated -
Dr. Owen : but if nothing new is happening then you can wait until you can see your doctor in person
Customer: Ok, what about the spec of red I saw?
Dr. Owen : the spec of blood - NOT concerning
Dr. Owen : this could be an infection
Dr. Owen : blood that is a LOT is concerning - a spec really is not concerning - honestly
Dr. Owen : I see this all the time
Dr. Owen : and if you have a yeast infection - treat with clotrimazole
Dr. Owen : and if you have a BV infection - you treat with Flagyl
Dr. Owen : I wish you well
Dr. Owen : Please click on EXCELLENT for helping you
Dr. Owen : Thank you
Dr. Owen : Dr Owen
Customer: Thank you for your opinion and honesty Dr. Owen. I'm a first time mom.
Dr. Owen : I Understand
Dr. Owen : Please click on EXCELLENT
Dr. Owen : and if you have any questions during the rest of your pregnancy
Dr. Owen : Just ask for me
Dr. Owen : Dr Owen
Dr. Owen : I'm online daily to help women just like you
Dr. Owen : Have a great rest of the weekend
Dr. Owen : and you should be able to see the EXCELLENT button near the smile face
Dr. Owen : thank you
Dr. Owen : Do you think I did an EXCELLENT job
Dr. Owen : Are you there?
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience: Board Certified: Ob/Gyn & Preventive medicine, US Medical Graduate