Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MD (Obst&Gynecology)
1725470

Hello, I had the implanon in my arm for 3 years and i never

I had the implanon in my arm for 3 years and i never used to get my period. Ive had the implanon taken out but my periods have not been regular, its been two years now since and i have not had a period, can you tell me what i need to do.

Thanks

Melissa

Welcome and thank you for your question. I am Dr.Mazumdar and I hope I'm able to help you with your medical problem today.

Implanon works by suppressing the ovaries to prevent ovulation. Lack of ovulation prevents pregnancies.

In most women, removal of the Implanon causes the ovaries to go back to ovulating again. But in some women, the ovaries may fail to ovulate regularly leading to either a complete lack of periods or irregular periods. In this case, the ovaries need to be stimulated by medicines like Clomid.

Please consult an Obgyn - you will need blood tests as well as an ultrasound of the uterus. Clomid will then need to be prescribed.

I hope this helps.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thankyou for the quick response, can i buy clomid over the counter or do i need to get it prescribed

Melissa,

You will need a prescription, you cannot buy Clomid over the counter.