Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MD (Obst&Gynecology)

I am not due for my monthly cycle until around August 1. My

I am not due for my monthly cycle until around August 1. My husband and i have been trying to conceive and was on Clomid this last cycle. For the past 2 days i have been experiencing very dull and mild cramping in my lower stomach and back that comes and goes, along with a feeling of fullness in my lower abdomen. Is it too early for me to be experiencing menstrual symptoms? I normally start getting those about a week before my cycle.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr.M.D.Mazumdar replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thank you for your question. I am Dr.Mazumdar and I hope I'm able to help you with your medical problem today.

If you had your last period on the 1st of July, then you would have ovulated around the 14th to 16th day. Clomid can cause development of a number of follicles in the ovary which can cause a dull ache in the abdomen which can radiate to the back. They generally do not cause cramps.

Cramps would imply that they are coming from the uterus or bladder.

It is too early now for pregnancy symptoms to show up. And these cramps are either due to infection in the bladder or due to pressure on the uterus by the enlarged follicles.

I hope this helps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i had a ua and it was negative. i obviously ovulated early this month around the 9-12. Had sex on the 8th. Could i be experiencing implantation cramps?

Implantation occurs about 7-9 days after fertilization. Assuming that you ovulated on the 9 - 12th, then yes, this could be due to implantation. Implantation cramps usually do not radiate to the back but occurs only in the lower abdomen. But it can do so in some cases.

So there is a chance that the cramps you are experiencing are due to implantation.

Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience: MD (Obst&Gynecology)