Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Board Certified: Ob/Gyn & Preventive medicine, US Medical Graduate
18703594

Hello, I have a question regarding hpv

Customer Question

Hello, I have a question regarding hpv
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Owen :

Hello, I am Dr Owen, I am a Board Certified Ob/Gyn Medical Doctor and I want to help you.

Dr. Owen :

Hello

Dr. Owen :

What is your question I can help you with

Dr. Owen :

Hi

JACUSTOMER-1nhuhqz9- :

hello

Dr. Owen :

Hi

Dr. Owen :

What is your question

JACUSTOMER-1nhuhqz9- :

first off, i want to say thank you for your time

JACUSTOMER-1nhuhqz9- :

I recently been diagnosed with hpv, I am a male age of 32

Dr. Owen :

Okay

Dr. Owen :

that is fine

JACUSTOMER-1nhuhqz9- :

my main concern is that me and my wife want to have kids. She is does not have hpv. How can I tell her because she doesnt know yet

Dr. Owen :

do you smoke?

Dr. Owen :

Well honestly there really is nothing to be concerned about

Dr. Owen :

do EITHER of you smoke?

JACUSTOMER-1nhuhqz9- :

okay, basically we want to have children, is it inevitable that she will get hpv when i have sexual intercorse when we decide to have a child?

JACUSTOMER-1nhuhqz9- :

i do not smoke and never really did :)

Dr. Owen :

okay - please stick to answering my questions so I can help you

Dr. Owen :

Do you or she smoke?\

JACUSTOMER-1nhuhqz9- :

no she does not smoke

Dr. Owen :

Have you had sex with her yet?

JACUSTOMER-1nhuhqz9- :

yes i have

Dr. Owen :

what about YOU - do you smoke?

JACUSTOMER-1nhuhqz9- :

no i don't

Dr. Owen :

Have you had sex with her

Dr. Owen :

?

JACUSTOMER-1nhuhqz9- :

yes i have

Dr. Owen :

okay

Dr. Owen :

and have you had sex with other women since you had sex with her - or just had sex with other women prior to getting together with her?

JACUSTOMER-1nhuhqz9- :

ive had sex with other women prior having sex with my wife

Dr. Owen :

okay

Dr. Owen :

Well honestly this is fine

Dr. Owen :

the HPV since you do NOT smoke will go Dormant and it should not affect her

Dr. Owen :

BUT to Protect her - she just need to get a PAP smear every 2 to 3 years to make sure that she is not having any cervix problems

Dr. Owen :

so honestly there is nothing that you need to do -

Dr. Owen :

You can tell her you have been exposed to HPV - but this will NOT affect her getting pregnant and this will NOT affect the baby - so honestly there is NOTHING that needs to be done - it is only up to you if you tell your wife - but honestly this is not something that is necessary

Dr. Owen :

Are you there?

Dr. Owen :

I'm going to have to deliver a baby - so I would like to complete this question with you

JACUSTOMER-1nhuhqz9- :

okay thank you doctor so much... but if i have warts presently as I do now, should we have sex to have a child, or wait till the warts are gone?

Dr. Owen :

You CAN have sex

Dr. Owen :

but you should get the warts removed - and there are various ways to get this done

Dr. Owen :

it is EASY to remove the warts by freeziing them or you can get a prescription for Aldara cream

JACUSTOMER-1nhuhqz9- :

okay, im sorry doctor, could i still contact / chat with you in a later time, for other question that may have?

Dr. Owen :

Well you have Already HAD contact with her - so you have already exposed her

Dr. Owen :

so YES you can have sex with her

Dr. Owen :

But what I am saying is that REMOVE the warts so they do not continue to grow

Dr. Owen :

And, YES you may Always contact me - just ask for me and put in the statement 'FOR Dr Owen Only' and I will answer this

Dr. Owen :

I wish you well

JACUSTOMER-1nhuhqz9- :

well, assuming she was not infect with hpv, and I will eventually do so when we decide to have a child right?

JACUSTOMER-1nhuhqz9- :

okay thank you

Dr. Owen :

And YOU can have sex with her, you can try to get pregnant, but just treat the warts

Dr. Owen :

I wish you well

Dr. Owen :

Please click on EXCELLENT

JACUSTOMER-1nhuhqz9- :

thank you doctor

Dr. Owen :

Thank you

Dr. Owen :

Dr Owen

Dr. Owen :

You are welcome

Dr. Owen :

please click on EXCELLENT - and a bonus would be welcome

Dr. Owen :

Thank you

Dr. Owen :

Dr Owen

JACUSTOMER-1nhuhqz9- :

im sorry trying to find excellent

JACUSTOMER-1nhuhqz9- :

where to click

Dr. Owen :

you should see this near the smile face

Dr. Owen :

you have to scroll around

Dr. Owen :

you should be able to see it

Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience: Board Certified: Ob/Gyn & Preventive medicine, US Medical Graduate