Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Board Certified: Ob/Gyn & Preventive medicine, US Medical Graduate

Thanks for the prompt response. The withdrawal bleed started

Thanks for the prompt response. The withdrawal bleed started on 4th june and ended 8th june. my cycle is usually btw 30 and 31 days, so i expected my ovulation to be btw 17th and 22nd june. So during this period, i had sexual intercourse becos i m trying to get pregnant. a week after this, i was having pregnancy symptoms but was really sad when on the 7th of july, i got my period. Since my cycle is actually 30 - 31 days, i thot i was pregnant when i didnt get my period on the 4th but sadly on the 7th, my period came :( Also, the period lasted for less than 2 days and this has never happened before. My period usually lasts for 5 to 7 days. I did a pregnancy test and it showed negative. So, right now, i m really confused as i really want to get pregnant and i dont understand what exactly is happening. So here re my questions: 1) Why was my period late? 2) why did it last just 2days? 3) Will i ovulate this month?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Owen :

Hello, I am Dr Owen, I am a Board Certified Ob/Gyn Medical Doctor and I want to help you.

Dr. Owen :

Hello

Dr. Owen :

Is this the first month you are trying to get pregnant?

Customer:

hello Dr Owen

Dr. Owen :

Are you Anxious about getting pregnant?

Dr. Owen :

Hi

Customer:

yes i am

Dr. Owen :

okay

Dr. Owen :

Well when are Trying to get pregnant you can be very stress and anxious and this can affect when you get pregnant and when you ovulate.

Customer:

ok

Dr. Owen :

so honestly this is not something you really need to worry about - as this is common to see late / early periods

Dr. Owen :

and it CAN take from 4 to 6 months on average to get pregnant once you start to get pregnant

Dr. Owen :

Also, YOU need to be taking prenatal vitamins

Dr. Owen :

you also should be eating well

Dr. Owen :

Drinking plenty of water

Dr. Owen :

and also exercising 3 to 5 days per week for 60 minutes each session

Customer:

ok

Customer:

so u dont really think there's anything wrong.

Dr. Owen :

no, nothing because you have had normal periods prior to this

Dr. Owen :

so this is not something to worry about

Customer:

ok, so glad to hear this. now i can be at rest and do all u have recommended

Dr. Owen :

Yes

Dr. Owen :

I wish you well

Dr. Owen :

Please click on EXCELLENT

Dr. Owen :

thank you

Dr. Owen :

Dr Owen

Dr. Owen :

And when you have more questions - just ask for me

Dr. Owen :

Dr Owen

Customer:

thank u so much. i ll keep u posted

Dr. Owen :

:-)

Customer:

yes i definitely will click excellent]

Dr. Owen :

:-)

Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience: Board Certified: Ob/Gyn & Preventive medicine, US Medical Graduate